18 May 2018
1. Duplicate the background layer.
2. On that duplicate background layer, go to IMAGE+ADJUSTMENTS+INVERT.
3. Change the BLENDING MODE (at the top of the Layers palette) of that new duplicate layer to COLOR.
4. Create a NEW ADJUSTMENT LAYER + CHANNEL MIXER. (Do this by going to the LAYER menu, NEW ADJUSTMENT LAYER)
5. Adjust the CHANNEL MIXER levels to the following:
OUTPUT CHANNEL RED:
OUTPUT CHANNEL GREEN:
OUTPUT CHANNEL BLUE:
*These are the basics. Adjust levels as necessary for your individual photographsThe Day Wonderland Stood Still... from Bruce W. Berry Jr on Vimeo.
6. Add IMAGE+ADJUSTMENTS+PHOTO FILTER (ETC.) to enhance your photo to your preferences.
16 May 2018
DIRECTIONS FOR DEVELOPING & POSTING YOUR PHOTOGRAPHS:
1. Take photo to BLACK & WHITE.
2. Adjust the BRIGHTNESS + CONTRAST to enhance (deepen and brighten) the values in the photograph.
3. "SAVE AS" the image, and add "BW" to the end of the file name so you do not save over the original.
4. Post all images.
1. Choose five of your photos that have the HIGHEST CONTRAST.
2. For each photo, OPEN the photo.
3. Create a DUPLICATE LAYER of the background image (Layers palette).
4. Change BLENDING MODE to "EXCLUSION"
5. Open CURVES and adjust the histogram line to a "W" or an "M" to produce a SOLARIZED/SABATTIER image with MACKIE LINES.
You need to post...
6+ photos processed into Sabattier.
Post the original next to the processed image.
(That is 10+ photos total that are posted)
Sometimes known as "solarization."
Mackie Lines. CLICK HERE.